Introduction

Introduction

By
Tiffiny Hall
Contains
0 recipes
Published by
Hardie Grant Books
ISBN
9781742704531
Photographer
Mark Roper

Hey Health Ninjas! I’ve got news for you: a great physique starts in the kitchen, not the gym. When you see a fit and toned body, I bet you think of slogging it out with the barbells and treadmill, but a gorgeous shape is only about 20 per cent due to movement. The other 80 per cent — and that’s the majority! — comes from nutrition. So your best body needs diverse and delicious nourishment 100 per cent of the time, which is where the recipes I’ve brought together in this book come in.

Since writing my two other books, Fatloss for Good and Weightloss Warrior, I’ve had so many readers ask me for recipes that fit with my ‘eat naked’ philosophy. Lighten Up is my answer: it’s packed with high-protein, low-carb recipes that will nourish the warrior soul, and excite your palate (without straining your wallet!). Because I believe that food is about more than just calories, there’s taste, texture, adventure and sharing of experiences. I don’t want you eating solo, on a diet, miserable and struggling. My recipes are meant to be enjoyed with friends and family, to help you achieve fatloss for good, with maximum wellbeing. I’m going to show you that it’s easy to create and enjoy low-calorie, healthy food bursting with flavour.

Healthy food relationships

Working on The Biggest Loser as a trainer, I know for certain that food can build you a prison or a palace to live in. When emotional stress, negative influences and destructive people encroach on your life, the weight stacks on. But weight is fluid: it can go away, but also—all-too-often—come back. If you concentrate solely on the kilos, the fat will return. What you need to do for lasting fatloss is to try some mind tricks to regain perspective. Here’s an example. When we are dieting, all we can think about is ice-cream. That ice-cream cone is soooo big, it’s in your face and blocking your vision and your perception of the world. It’s literally all you can think about. ‘Ice-cream, ice-cream, ice-cream!’ your mind chants. If you mentally heave that ice-cream away, you regain a little distance, but you can still see it blocking your vision and the effort involved in pushing it away only makes you more anxious.

Now here’s the thing, and I’m going to be honest with you. Your food addiction will never leave you—no matter how hard you push. The answer isn’t to push the addiction away, but to grab hold of it and place it where you have a clearer view of it. Then you can regain your perspective and you can see past the craving.

You may never be cured of your food addiction, but you can learn how to coexist with it. You will know it’s there, but you will be in control of it.

    No results found
    No more results
      No results found
      No more results
        No results found
        No more results
          No results found
          No more results
            No results found
            No more results
              No results found
              No more results
              Please start typing to begin your search
              We're sorry but we had trouble running your search. Please try again